This post contains content sponsored by The Dannon Company, Inc. The opinions expressed in my post are my own. For more information on Dannon’s move toward sustainable agriculture, naturality and transparency, and nongmo ingredients visit www.dannonpledge.com and www.dannon.com/ingredients.
As you guys know we are SURROUNDED by kids! There are 8 children total and over a dozen grandchildren. Making sure everyone eats healthy is a battle. I LOVE that Dannon has taken this major change for good on! It makes the lives of moms everywhere a lot easier! It’s nice to know that at a glance I can clearly see what ingredients are in the yogurt I buy. Sometimes when you’re shuffling kids and carts in the grocers it’s not easy to remember who has what in it. Dannon now clearly labels what yogurts they have that are not using GMO products! They also are adding fewer ingredients and avoiding synthetic or unnatural stuff. They’re not doubling the price either like some OTHER brands have. I think this shows character. Dannon cares about the people eating their products, and you have to admire that! Dannon has taken the pledge to a healthier product line for a healthier you!
Did you know that yogurt is easier to digest than other dairy products? Yogurt is a tasty, fermented food. After the fermentation process and while in your digestive system, the active yogurt cultures consume much of the lactose found in milk, which often makes Yogurt an easier to digest. This means you can substitute milk, certain cheeses, and other dairy items in your cooking or to top your food with. A favorite here is Dannon yogurt blended with frozen fruit! All the littles think its ice cream and will happily eat this no-frills dessert everytime it is offered!
● We Pledge: Naturality – Fewer, more natural and Non-GMO Ingredients
● We Pledge Sustainable Agriculture – Work with Farmers we Know
● We Pledge Transparency y – Label presence whether product contains GMOs or Non-GMO ingredients
● We Pledge: Naturality – o Fewer, non-synthetic, more natural and Non-GMO Ingredients* o We plan to use milk from cows fed Non-GMO feed
● We Pledge Sustainable Agriculture – o Work directly with Farmers we Know to improve soil health, water usage, biodiversity, and animal welfare
● We Pledge Transparency – o Label presence of Non-GMOs regardless of government regulations
● Dannon is reformulating all products under the Dannon brand by the end of 2017 to be made only with Non-GMO ingredients*
● Pledged to start feeding their dairy cows Non-GMO feed by the end of 2017
● Working with dairy farmers and feed suppliers to plan Non-GMO grains in their fields, harvest them, and then feed the cows the cows the following year
● Dannon will now become the ONLY conventional dairy company in the US feeding Non-GMO feed to the cows
Dannon Whole Milk Yogurt:
● Made with Whole Milk
● Available in 11 delicious flavors (Strawberry, Blueberry, Strawberry Banana, Vanilla, Mixed Berry, Raspberry, Cherry, Orange Cream, Key Lime, Strawberry Kiwi)
● All Natural Ingredients with Vitamin D
● Non-GMO Ingredients
● Affordable price: Average unit price $0.55
Visit Dannonyogurt.com to learn more
Dannon is committing to even more, despite not needing to because they are forced by government regulations!
● To gain greater transparency about our main ingredient, we now source all the milk we use directly from farms we know
● Dannon is the 1 st leading yogurt maker to embrace this practice
● Consequently, this allows Dannon to provide greater visibility to consumers about the agricultural practices employed on dairy farms
●As of now, more than 90% of their milk is coming from farming operations under the Validus Certified system.
● Validus Animal Welfare Review Certification is awarded to farms that follow stringent animal welfare guidelines. Farms that receive animal welfare certification undergo a detailed assessment and audit of their on-farm animal welfare practices. Certification is awarded to farms which demonstrate compliance with the animal welfare criteria and standards established for their operation
It makes me feel good as a parent and a grandparent knowing that the food I am feeding my family is not only healthy but sustainable. It’s important to say that we are treating the animals and farmers who make it all happen right. Without them, there wouldn’t be the raw ingredients needed. Without companies like Dannon taking a stand with those of us who care we would continue feeding our children mystery food. Food shouldn’t be a guessing game!
Dannon has the right idea! They know that their consumers are requesting clear and honest labeling to allow an informed choice, so they stepped up to the plate. Dannon is moving some of their topselling brands toward nonGMO ingredients and going beyond that to develop a supply of nonGMO feed for their cows. Dannon is the first national yogurt company to do that. This means healthy cattle, healthier farmers and a healthier product for your family. This is a huge win for us all!
Read more about the changes here->